City of Sheridan & Sheridan Area Water Supply Joint Powers Board Water Meter System Replacement Project Under Way
Over the next year, every City of Sheridan and SAWS water customer will be required to have a new water meter or endpoint installed.
Project cost is covered by state grants and 0% loans.
- 50% of this project is being paid for by a state grant. The remaining cost of the project will be paid for with a 20-year, 0% state loan.
- Customers will not be billed for the cost of the new meter or the installation.
Keystone Utility Systems is installing meters throughout the community.
We have contracted with Mueller Systems and Keystone Utility Systems to implement this project. We are using Ridgepoint Consulting, a local engineering firm, for project management, and local plumbers and electricians are supporting this project as well.
- Keystone Utility Systems has installed more than 1,200 meters and will begin scheduling appointments in North Heights, Holly Ponds and surrounding neighborhoods starting Nov. 20.
- We will be announcing new areas within the City of Sheridan for installation very soon. Please keep your eyes open for a letter from Keystone about scheduling your installation appointment.
- Questions? Please click here to view our informational brochure.
Sign up for Mi.Net to manage your water use.
- Older meters may be less accurate. Our new meters will report water use at 99-100% accuracy, which could cause water bills to increase.
- To help manage, that we’ve launched an online portal called Mi.Net, where customers can set alerts and track their use.
- Keystone Utility Systems will leave behind instructions to every water customer about how to activate their account once their new meter is installed.
What action do water customers need to take?
- When it’s time for water meter installations to begin in your area, you will receive an informational brochure in the mail from the City of Sheridan and a letter from Keystone Utility Systems letting you know that it’s time for your installation.
- Customers with inside meters must schedule an appointment. Inside installations will take 15-30 minutes each, someone 18 years or older must be present, and water will be turned off during the installation.
- Customers with an outside meter pit will not have to schedule an appointment. Outside installations will take 5-10 minutes each, and water will be turned off during the installation.
- Appointments are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., and evenings and Saturdays upon request. Customers may call Keystone Utility Systems at 877.587.2279 with any questions or to schedule their appointment.
- To prepare for your meter installation, please make sure your meter is accessible to technicians.
Everyone who has City or SAWS water service must have their meter replaced – so please respond promptly when you are notified
Meter Installation Keystone Utility Systems Phone: 877.587.2279
General Project Questions Chad Lynn – Ridgepoint Consulting Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 307.675.5434