Curbside Recycling Collection Information
Citywide curbside recycling collection began Aug. 3, 2015. Please remember the following:
- Trash & recycling pick-up occur on the same day – recycling is every other week, trash is every week
- Your trash day may have changed, check the notification that was attached to your cart when it was delivered
- Match colored stamp on cart lid with colored weeks on magnet to find your recycling pick-up week
- Recycling is picked up in the same location as your trash
- Place trash & recycling carts out by 6 a.m.
Please click here to learn more: Recycling Q&A
The mission of the Solid Waste Division is to serve each person in Sheridan County by working together and practicing economically sound solid waste and environmental management to make the City of Sheridan and Sheridan County a place everyone would want to call home.
The City of Sheridan Solid Waste Division (SWD) provides waste collection, disposal and recycling services for residents and businesses within the City of Sheridan. The SWD also provides household hazardous waste disposal options and recycling education programs for Sheridan residents.
The SWD collects refuse from residential and commercial customers of the City. All residential and commercial customers receive collection service at least once per week from Monday through Friday. All collected solid waste is disposed of at the Sheridan Landfill at 83 East Ridge Road.
Sheridan customers generate approximately 34,000 tons of solid waste each year. One of the SWD’s highest priorities is to reduce the overall amount of material that is disposed through the implementation of innovative waste reduction and recycling services. The SWD collects recyclable materials and green waste from several drop sites around the community, and conducts special programs such as Trees For Trash and seasonal free landfill days to encourage responsible waste disposal.
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS The City of Sheridan, Wyoming will receive sealed bids for the East 5th Street Infrastructure [...]