Applications are available online via the U.S. Department of State website. www.travel.state.gov
Customers may either fill out their passport applications online via the U.S. Department of State website or a hard copy of the application in BLACK INK . Customers are expected provide the following documents upon arrival for passport processing.
-Required Documents for first time applicants
- Application (DS-11)
- Signed in Agent’s presence after oath
- Oath will be administered by a Passport Acceptance Agent
- Driver’s license or other government issued photo I.D.
- Certified birth certificate and/or current/expired passport
- 1 color passport photo
-Required for passport renewals.
- Application (DS-82) Application for a U.S. Passport by Mail
- Current or Expired certified Passport (cannot be cannot be issued more than 15 years prior to submission)
- Customers do not submit these to a passport acceptance facility (City of Sheridan) but rather mail them and payment to the:
National Passport Processing Center
Post Office Box 90155
Philadelphia, PA 19190-0155
-Required documents for minors under the age of 16
- Expired Passport or DS-64 Form Application (SIGNED BY BOTH PARENTS in Agent’s presence)
- Driver’s license or other government issued photo I.D., of each parent
- Certified birth certificate
- 1 color passport picture
- Minor MUST appear in person
-Federal law requires the following payments for passport processing fees:
- One check (must be a check or money order) $25 passport acceptance fee payable to the City of Sheridan.
- Fee is assessed per passport processed.
- One check or money order for the application fee and any other Department of State fees applicable to the customer.
*All fees are non-refundable
*Applications will be accepted 8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday – Friday at City Hall in the Customer Service Department on the first floor.
City of Sheridan
Customer Service Division
55 Grinnell Plaza
Sheridan WY, 82801