City of Sheridan & SAWS Water Meter System Replacement Project Under Way
Starting in October 2017, the City of Sheridan and Sheridan Area Water Supply Joint Powers Board (SAWS-JPB) began replacing water meters in homes and businesses across the water service area.
All City of Sheridan & SAWS water customers may now call or text 877.587.2279 to schedule their water meter replacement. Appointments are made within a two-hour window, and installations take 15-30 minutes to complete. Please make sure your water meter is accessible, and someone over 18 must be home during inside installations.
There is no cost for the meter or installation, and all water customers must have their water meter replaced to avoid water service disruption.
Keystone Utility Systems is installing meters
Mueller Systems and Keystone Utility Systems is implementing this project. Ridgepoint Consulting, a local engineering firm, is assisting with project management, and local plumbers and electricians are supporting this project as well.
- Keystone Utility Systems has installed more than 3,500 meters
- All water customers have been mailed informational brochures and letters to notify them that it’s time to schedule their water meter replacement appointment.
- The project is slated to be complete in August 2018.
- Questions? Please click hereto view our informational brochure.
Project cost is covered by state grants and 0% loans.
- 50% of this project is being paid for by a state grant. The remaining cost of the project will be paid for with a 20-year, 0% state loan.
- Customers will not be billed for the cost of the new meter or the installation.
Sign up for Mi.Net to manage your water use.
- Older meters may be less accurate. Our new meters will report water use at 99-100% accuracy, which could cause water bills to increase.
- To help manage, that we’ve launched an online portal called Mi.Net, where customers can set alerts and track their use.
- Keystone Utility Systems will leave behind instructions to every water customer about how to activate their account once their new meter is installed.
Everyone who has City or SAWS water service must have their meter replaced – so please call or text Keystone Utility Systems now at 877.587.2279 to schedule your appointment.
Meter Installation Keystone Utility Systems Phone: 877.587.2279
General Project Questions Chad Lynn – Ridgepoint Consulting Email: email@example.com Phone: 307.675.5434