City of Sheridan & Sheridan Area Water Supply Joint Powers Board to Begin Water Meter System Replacement Project in October
Most Sheridan-area water meters are 20 years old and in need of replacement. Over the next year, every City of Sheridan and SAWS water customer will be required to have a new water meter or endpoint installed.
Project cost is covered by state grants and 0% loans.
- 50% of this project is being paid for by a state grant. The remaining cost of the project will be paid for with a 20-year, 0% state loan.
- Customers will not be billed for the cost of the new meter or the installation.
Keystone Utility Systems will install meters throughout the community.
We have contracted with Mueller Systems and Keystone Utility Systems to implement this project. We are using Ridgepoint Consulting, a local engineering firm, for project management, and local plumbers and electricians are supporting this project throughout the year.
New meters are more accurate and efficient. Sign up for Mi.Net to manage your water use.
- Older meters may be less accurate. Our new meters will report water use at 99-100% accuracy, which could cause water bills to increase.
- To help manage that, we’re launching an online portal call Mi.Net, where customers can set alerts and track their use. Keystone Utility Systems will leave behind instructions to every water customer about how to activate their account once their new meter is installed.
What action do water customers need to take?
- We are beginning water meter replacements in mid-October, starting with customers in Big Horn, Powder Horn and Big Goose.
- When it’s time for water meter installations to begin in a specific area, customers will receive an informational brochure in the mail from the City of Sheridan. They will then be notified by Keystone Utility Systems that it’s time for their installation.
- Customers with inside meters will be asked to call Keystone to schedule an appointment. Inside installations will take 15-30 minutes each, someone 18 years or older must be present, and water will be turned off during the installation.
- Customers with an outside meter pit will not have to schedule an appointment. Outside installations will take 5-10 minutes each, and water will be turned off during the installation.
- Installation appointments are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., and evenings and Saturdays upon request. Keystone will be flexible when necessary to ensure all residents can get their new meter installed. Customers may call Keystone Utility Systems at 877.587.2279 with any questions or to schedule their appointment.
Everyone who has City or SAWS water service must have their meter replaced – so we are asking customers to respond promptly when they are notified. To prepare for your meter installation, please make sure your meter is accessible to technicians.
- Keystone Utility Systems is actively installing new meters in Big Horn, Powder Horn and Big Goose.
- If you have an inside meter and received a letter from Keystone Utility Systems, please call 877-587-2279 to schedule your installation.
- If you have an outside meter pit, no appointment is necessary.
- Questions? Please click here to vie our informational brochure.
Keystone Utility Systems
General Project Questions
Chad Lynn – Ridgepoint Consulting